Small Business Center offering seminar on mobile apps | Business
HAMMOND – The Louisiana Small Business Development Center at Southeastern Louisiana University will offer a seminar on mobile apps that can benefit businesses on Thursday, April 26, from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
Co-sponsored by the Hammond Chamber of Commerce, “Mobile Apps for Business – They’re Real and They’re Spectacular,” will be held at the Southeast Louisiana Business Center, 1514 Martens Dr. in Hammond. Instructor for the free seminar is Calvin Fabre, CEO of Envoc, a Louisiana-based company specializing in creating software and applications unique to individual businesses.
“Clean the popsicle juice off the mobile phone and tablets, it is time to look at business apps that contribute to return on investments instead of entertaining youngsters,” said Sandy Summers, assistant director of the Small Business Development Center. “See how GPS-driven time-clock, two-way SMS messaging, Text-to-Speech, and other productivity-friendly technology is right at home on today’s mobile hardware. This will be a demo-rich presentation and promises no ‘death-by-PowerPoint.’”
Summers said Fabre will be available for a question and answer session and will have a variety of devices onsite, such as PCs, tablets, and mobile phones.
There is no cost to attend the event; however, pre-registration is preferred. For more information, contact LSBDC Southeastern at 985-549-3831 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Online registration is available at www.lsbdc.org.
Upcoming Events near Tangipahoa
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2-alarm fire destroys Timeout Lounge, spreads to nearby businesses
- Resale store buys and sells children's clothes
- Commission passes measure to allow zoning change for Bar Louie
- Rezoning issue leads to talk of alcohol sales at movies
- Prank causes man to fall off I-10 overpass, listed in critical condition
- Investigators: Boater dies after hitting unknown object
- Livingston Parish Council approves budget without millions of road overlay funds
- 81 charges of fraud, theft filed against man contracted for Gustav cleanup
- Homicide investigators file new charges against sex offender
- Road fund serves as key component to Livingston Parish budget