Southeastern hosts Veteran's Day Lecture | Business
Southeastern Louisiana University will host a Veterans Day Lecture at 11 a.m. Thursday (Nov. 10) in the Student Union Theater.
Thomas E. Barnes Jr., a former senior counterterrorism analyst with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, will present “The Continuing Importance of Leadership On and Off the Battlefield.”
The 12-year U.S. Army veteran led a team focused on Islamic terrorism in Europe and sub-Saharan Africa. He has also taught terrorism and counterterrorism courses for the American Military University
“We are pleased and honored to have Mr. Barnes as our Veterans Day speaker,” said William Robison, head of the Department of History and Political Science. “As an individual with tremendous credentials and highly specialized skills and experience, he brings a unique perspective into the importance of leadership in today’s world.”
The presentation is free and open to the public.
Upcoming Events near Tangipahoa
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rezoning issue leads to talk of alcohol sales at movies
- Prank causes man to fall off I-10 overpass, listed in critical condition
- Shoppers line up outside Best Buy on Thanksgiving to get early deals
- 2 armed robbers run off with cash and merchandise
- Police release surveillance pics of Smoothie King robber